At inWrite, our primary goal is to deliver fast and affordable services without compromising quality. We make sure that each document is correct, consistent, and clear by the time it gets back to our clients. To do so, we use an efficient workflow to ensure thorough editing of documents:
- Submission. Send us your document.
- Evaluation. After taking a look at your document, we will send you a price quote and a time frame.
- Proofreading/Copy-editing. We will begin with proofreading and/or copy-editing. The Track Changes feature will be enabled on all edited documents so that you can see all our changes, suggestions, and clarifications.
- Quality Assurance. Before sending back your document, we conduct a quality check, which is a systematic search for possible missteps during the proofreading and/or copy-editing stage, and correct those mistakes.
- Approval. After receiving the edited document, you can peruse the corrections made and approve or reject each one, study the recommendations, and address any questions and clarifications raised.
Proofreading involves applying minor corrections to a clean copy, usually after it has undergone a more thorough editing. It ensures accuracy of text and layout by correcting errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling and applying basic formatting adjustments, usually in adherence to a particular style guide.
Copy-editing involves establishing consistency and correcting errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage, syntax, capitalization, hyphenation, basic formatting, abbreviations, citations, and treatment of numbers, the goal of which is to enhance the readability of a copy and clearly and accurately convey the ideas of the author. It also includes conducting basic fact-checking, flagging instances of possible legal problems such as copyright issues, and suggesting recasts to tighten phrasing.
Yes. Fact-checking is a basic requirement in our copy-editing and proofreading services. We use reliable online sources to verify the spelling of names/titles of people, works, places, events, and other commonly known facts.
Your file undergoes a QA process after it has been proofread or copy-edited. We also use style guides, spelling references, and editing and QA checklists and run spell-check to ensure your document is in its best shape.
Have a question or need a custom quote?
Let us help you get your manuscripts ready for publication. Contact us now for a quote or have us edit an excerpt of your manuscript for FREE! +1856 324 4389